Sunday, November 29, 2009

Good Thanksgiving

We had...to quote a great guy..."wonderful" thanksgiving this year. God truly blessed us...when Cassie and Jesse left this summer...she told me she would be here for thanksgiving but I just had my doubts that Christmas and Thanksgiving would be a possiblity but God worked it our and they arrived last Wednesday late...we had a great visit with a house full of grandbabies all week...while I'll admit grammy is a little on the tired side...it was great! I love seeing the changes in Cassie's boys and watching then and the twins play together...Miss Rylee thought Ayden Parker was the bomb...the first whole day they were together..I think she crawled a mile...following him around the house...and with him have the experience of being a big brother he was pretty patient with her!!! The girls and I got to have some good mom/daughter times shopping and cooking together...Donnie and Heather made us all dinner on Wednesday before thanksgiving and it was good even if bambi no longer has a mother. Thanksgiving day was also a good day...although Cassie and Jesse went to see his family...something they've done since they were married...it was a good day. Scott's parents were with us for the first time I think...and my parents...my mom and tucker and my dad...my brother Kevin, betty and sam...donnie, heather and the twins and donnie's parent who I love very much...and later in the day we had even more come!!! Quite the house full...it's been a long time and I enjoyed having the house full again...good food/family/friends and fellowship...

I have posted some pictures of our week...my sweet kids and grandbabies...my house is a little to quite now but even as a I write those words...God places these on my heart...I think they are in Romans 10 ...how will they hear if they have no preacher and how will they hear if no one goes...that is my translation but you get my point...God's calling is way bigger than a momma's heart and God's calling is sufficient...have a great week...







No comments: