Wednesday, August 7, 2013

our loss...his gain!

I am writing to you as I sit beside the empty vessle of one of the greatest, kindest, and most amazing men I have ever had the honor of knowing...of loving...we...his family...have sat beside his bed for 3 days now...as he ran the last little bit of his race here on this earth...we have read scripture over him...prayed for him and sang to him...Scott even sang "power in the blood" Scott style for him last night...I didn't realize until it was almost to late that he truly was hearing us as we talked with him and whispered in his hear how precious he was to us! But last night I realized you could see his eyelids moving in response to use...when Scott came in last night he responded! Scott later left the room for a while and we were singing with him and we said Scott needed to sing power in the blood HIS way and thoses eyes responded...so we along with a few tears shed...we even had a giggle with him! Then in the wee hours of this morning...we sang a few last songs with him It is Well With my Soul...I have decided to Follow Jesus...and the last one..."Jesus Is Tenderly Calling"...and at the end of the song...our sweet Harold took his last breath...when Willie passed away a few months ago...we experinced what I would call a HOLY MOMENT...and this morning...I had the honor of being part of another one...to God be the Glory...in Harolds life and through his death...

No comments: