Monday, September 10, 2012

Hims not a father...Hims a daddy...

We have had an amazingly busy past few weeks. Michael has been crazy busy working on Maw Maw's house. He is remodeling it and hopes to be living there before Christmas...Mom's not sure how on offical empty nest will be but I'm must admit I am drooling over his bedroom...our entire married life (minus the first 12 months) we have been cramped in our room...to help make room for all our children...so now after Katie's departure we have a guest room/toy room and as Michael begins his new adventure called life we will not longer have the "Griffith Trucking" office in our bedroom...we will have an office and a work area for crafts...I plan to be able to sewing in this room as well as do some scrapbooking...so we will see if that will be enough to help overcome the empty nest...I remember thinking many many years ago...this day would never come and if it did...well I'd already be dead so it wouldn't matter...but the days crept by and the years sped by and now I'm facing a new time in my life...I realized the other day that I have NEVER spent the night alone...even when Scott was gone all the time...at least one kid was here with me...I think Tbow may be my new best friend and protector on the nights that Scott is out of town...just another change though and I'm learning more and more the although change is not always fun it is just part of life and if change is not happening...why not? It is all we know anymore...we are even getting...dare I say...accustomed to it...
 
I think I may have spoken about this before but as I sat in church yesterday...we were singing "What a wonderful Maker"...and as we sang..."and the heart of a Father"...I couldn't help but think of a conversation I had with our little Caleb the night before...his dad gave him ice cream and Michael and I told him to say...thank you Father...Caleb curled up his little nose and said..."hims not a Father...hims a DADDY" and that is what I thought about God yesterday...He has the heart of a Father...but He desires to have such a personal relationship with us that He is our daddy...I have not experienced that on earth...I have a dad and a wonderful stepfather but to be able to call my dad...daddy never happened and I think I was way to old to call my stepdad that...and yet has I've witnessed my own kids be able to call their father...daddy...(some still do to this day)...I thought someday I'll have that and now I do...in the ultimate DADDY...my heavenly Father...the other night I was so worried about something I couldn't even calm down enough to sleep...and then I started saying...over and over again...what time I am afraid...I WILL trust in YOU...and I drifted off to sleep...with my head in my Daddy's lap finding peace and comfort there...
 
I have someone else in my life that I can find that as well...in Scott...who is who he is all the time...take him or leave him but he is not fake, he is not one way at home, another way at work and yet another way at church...there is a scripture in Acts 4:13 at the end, it said people recognized they had been with Jesus...that is a picture of Scott and I so desire for that to be true in my life, my children's lives and my grandchildren...nothing and I mean nothing else matters....I don't care if we are rich or if we are good at an activity or even what others think of us as long as they can recognize that we have been with Jesus...what a heritage to pass on!
 
Ephesians 5:1-2 says..."Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children.  Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God."
 
Can we say this is how we live our lives...pleasing God and not men...JD was preaching yesterday and he said..."is it all about others?"...and I thought..yes I try to live a life to help others...but he wasn't done with his question...and the rest of the question...pierced my heart...he said..."OR is it all about God..." I think I get in such a hurry I don't slow down enough to think about the whole picture and who the picture belongs to...it IS all about God...may we be found...Imitators of God in EVERYTHING we do...as a sacrifical aroma pleasing to the Lord...
 
so here is a poorly asked qustion but I gotta ask anyway...Who's your daddy??? some of you can say I have the best daddy this side of heaven (my kids can all 6 say that)....and if that is true...can you even begin to imagine how much greated our heavenly Daddy will be? and if you can't say that...yours wasn't, isn't good...or maybe you didn't have one...can I just tell you...you do have a Daddy and he gave everything up for you...and He loves you. This doesn't mean He keeps us from ever walking thru a trial or hard time...BUT it does mean you will never walk thru it alone...never, ever...and on those nights you are scared or overcome with things...you can lay your head in his lap...like I did last week and you can sleep and find rest as He holds you...


No comments: