Monday, January 7, 2013

Cassie...

Well the dreaded day is here in just a few hours!!!! The big 30 for you this year and we won't even talk about what is number is coming my way this year! I cannot believe you are 30 years old...I know you are amazed at how fast the years are going with your own children...you get just a glimpse of how fast they are going for me!

Last night I spent the FIRST night alone ever in my entire life I think...no husband...no kids...not even any grandkids to keep this old grammy company...a picture of our future with everyone out on their own now...and it seems that I should be yelling at you guys telling you to get to bed and get to sleep you have school the next tomorrow and you won't want to get up...but then I realized that somewhere along in there...I blinked...ALOT...because you not only are grown but raising kids of your own!!!!

I've said it before but I'll say it just one more time...you have amazed me this year how you have supported your husband...stayed faithful to the Lord...desired for the boys and now Laney Kate to see Jesus beyond anything else in this world...I know you don't know it...but there are many people who see this in you and admire the christian woman, wife, mom, friend, daugther and sister you are...I tease you because I think someday when they are grown the kids will make fun of you because you made them say the happy heart thing...just like you all tease me about the "in light of eternity does this matter" thing...but I also think they will be glad you taught them that just like I believe over all you guys are glad we used those words on you!...but you live that out...in light eternity the character you show WILL make a difference in the lives of those who are watching and those you are walking with...in light of eternity you make a difference...keep it up!

I love you so much...so thankful you are home again...for a season of however long...I'll take it...I'll soak it up and I'll attempt to never take you or your siblings for granted again!

I pray you feel how loved you are today...your special day from every single directions...from the Lord...Jess, the kiddos...family and your sweet friends...

No comments: