Thursday, May 30, 2013

Poppa

Your wife and your children tell the whole picture...the love and care we have witnessed in the past 3 years in Linda has went beyond amazing...she has shown us a picture completely of a Proverbs 31 woman. As I watched your children...all 7 of them, carry you out last night all I could think of is what a legacy you have left behind. 7 men and women who will make this world better...because you made this world better and you taught them how to do the same!

So thank you from this "extra" one you gained 31 years ago...
thank you for accepting each of us extras!
for the example you have been to us all,
for the husband you taught mine to be...because of that...I'm blessed more than I can say in words!
for the son and brother you allowed us to witness in you
for the provider you have been
for the grandfather you have been...all the tears in those kids eyes last night are a testimony to the kind of Grandfather you are!

One person told me last night you said you were suppose to be the head of your home...take care of your family...you did that! You (with a help from Linda too!)...equipped them for this life...We all are better because of you!

I've never heard this before but saw it just this morning and thought it so fitting...

"When you are born you cry and the world rejoices. Live your life so that when you die you rejoice and the world cries."

Michael starts his new life with Bekah in 3 days and we will rejoice because we know you are with us...Scott has carried your legacy...and I have now doubt Michael will do the same...he is the man he is today not only because of his dad...but because of you...

My girls adore you as well...and so I just want to say thank you one last time for letting me see my first picture of not just a good man...but a godly man...rest well and worship before the throne even better!

No comments: