Tuesday, January 28, 2014

32 years


It is 4:30 in the morning...the day you return from India...I can't sleep again...fair warning...the snoring may be horrible in our home tonight...between you and me and sweet rest finally for us both! I feel like a teenager again waiting for my prom date to show up...truly this day will be one of the longest days ever... because: I've missed you beyond words... it is our anniversary eve... I cannot wait to talk about what all the Lord has done and revealed to you in the last week... and finally...I think I truly get it...you know...how the Bible says and the two shall become one...half of me has been missing... I think back over the years and I've said it many times...thank you for loving me when truly...you shouldn't have...and for loving Jesus enough to keep your vows...when in the worlds eyes you should have given up...and there was a very distinct period of time that we all call "THE TIME" that was so difficult...do you remember...I do...every time I look at pictures from then...and see the sadness in your eyes (shut up Michael!)...but this year...ugh what a year it has been for us...I don't ever want a repeat...and yet...Jesus...just like all the hard times in the past has been so faithful and true...He has been our peace and our refuge...and while this year has held GREAT sadness for us...I can look back in pictures of the year and see...peace...joy...and faithfulness in you...we've lived long enough and walked with HIM long enough now to know that peace...peace that surpasses all understand...only comes from the Lord... It cracks me up so much to hear peoples perspectives of what they "think" our lives have been all these years...if only...if only they could have been there witnessing...our lives...like everyone else, it has been a learning along the way kind of thing...thankful this side of the trials for the lessons we have learned...for the trust we have learned to have in the Lord through each one...I've said so many times how thankful I am to Jim and Kim Day for coming...for teaching us what it looks like to do REAL life with Jesus...but the truth is...I am thankful to the Lord for sending them...He did it...He hand picked those vessels to teach us about Himself...He uses you to teach me about Himself...in you I see a man who loves incredibly deep...beginning with the Lord...I know that is what allows you to love me...us as deeply as you do...I see a man who is so humble...who is a servant from the very core of yourself...who is an encourager...all those notes you have written over the years...mostly to our children...you probably will never know the full impact of those...a man who can be called a man after God's own heart... I am scared a little for you to come home because even though we haven't spoken...I can "hear" in your text that you are not coming back to me the same man who left a week ago...I know change is coming...and what that looks like scares me, excites me...all the above! I am so thankful you will be home in time for our anniversary...honestly...this is a new one...you ready to hear it...I am glad we get to spend it with our students...a passion that we have both come to love so much! I cannot wait to see you in 12 hours...Scott Griffith...I love you...you are the love of my life...happy, happy, happy anniversary Beth

No comments: