Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Birthdays...


As most of you know...I love to write when someone special to me has a birthday...but what you may not know is I cannot write unless the Lord is speaking to my heart...so my apologies in advance to Cassie and Ayden...I guess my heart has been a funk...The Lord is speaking to my heart about that funk...and it is time to get up and out of it! (That will be another blog!) So today I will just catch up if you will on these birthdays that seem to come faster and faster! Our sweet oldest grandchild turned 8 years old on the 4th! It is so hard to believe that he is that old...almost double digits...1/2 way to 16...wow time is flying...He is a little character for sure...very careful to choose his words so that he will not hurt your feelings...(he is sensitive that way!) He is in the 2nd grade now and very smart...says he doesn't really like to read but does an amazing job at it...never ceasing to amaze us! He asked Jesus into his heart this year...such a joy for this grammy! Each year that passes I realize how short our time truly is and the fact that really only one thing will matter in life...What did we do with Jesus...Ayden will follow his Savior into his future now...he loves his siblings but he for sure has a soft spot for that baby sister of his...he still thinks uncle Michael is the bomb.com...although I hear a lot this year about how smart his daddy is and how he wants to grow up and do the things his dad does...he still loves to give you hugs...he always comes into the room...gives me a hug and says...hey grammy! Melts my heart! I pray Ayden Parker...that you grow up to be like your Poppy...you see he is my hero...he loves each one of us uniquely and yet he loves all the same...and his desire is for each of us...from me to the youngest grandbaby is for us to know Jesus, love Him, live for Him and experience Him to the fullest...and Ayden Parker...if you do...you will be an incredible man! That is my prayer for you! Cassie's birthday followed just a few short days later...and I am so proud of her as well...she has walked a road this year that has stretched her and grown her in many ways...she continues to learn to trust the Lord on a daily basis and much like her momma, when He provides her mouth hits the floor as if she (or we) can't believe that just happened! She led a bible study this year in her home and I think she truly enjoyed the experience...she continues to pour Jesus into her kiddos and that is what she is called to do in this season of life (however, does that season ever go away...I don't think so...it just looks different in different stages of their lives)...I wish peace for her this year...peace and joy that comes only from the Lord! Today the twins turn 5 and we have celebrated all day long...they came in bouncing (literally!)...they are going to go to school next year and I think my life will be very different...I have kept them since they were born...they are the first of the grandkids they I've kept that long...they love Jesus so much and they love to talk about Him...sing about Him and dance before Him...they have changed so much the last year...but I continue to say they are mini me's of their parents...although I see both parents in both kids as times...Caleb is a mini Donnie and the Belle is her momma made over...(which is justice for me!). They will take up for one another if they think someone is picking on them...and they have a hard time being apart...my prayer for them this year is that they will not have separation anxiety! I am blessed with my January babies...from the oldest to the youngest!

No comments: