Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Still Overwhelmed....

Another day...another entry...I am thinking today of all the things I left out yesterday...the ladies of our church that are privileged to stay home during the day have been joining me on Monday mornings for a Bible Study...OH how I have missed Bible Study...I have needed this...I thought if I was lucky one or two ladies would join me but we have consistently had 7-9 ladies and it has been just a sweet time...refreshing...just what my soul was longing for...so thankful for each one of them...

I am thankful for the man that I have shared 33 1/2 years (not all that time married!) of my life with...he never ceases to amaze me...probably there is no one who can make me as angry as him...or hurt my feelings like him...and then turn around and make me feel like the most treasured person on earth...truth be told that is what I feel 99% of the time...our marriage has been and continues to be a work in progress...just as all marriage are or at least should be...he is a kind man...who loves very deeply...when you have been loved by Scott...you know you are loved...as his kids and grand kids will tell you...I think even his mom and siblings would say that...he still hugs his brothers and sisters and tells them he loves them...most of the time...there was a time...I hate to admit this...but I was jealous of Jesus because I've known for a very long time now that I come 2nd in Scott's life...but do you know what I've learned over the years??? (young ladies take advice from this...love a man who loves Jesus way more than you)...as he has fallen more and more in love with the Savior...he is able to love me more and more...the last 32 years of marriage have been amazing and I look forward to the next however many years God blesses us with...

I spoke of Michael and Beks yesterday but I haven't forgotten my girls...and their sweet families...my grand babies are, in my opinion, some of the very best!!!! Adyen Parker will be 9 years old very soon and he still comes in and gives his grammy a hug...I was wondering the other day...if and when that will stop...I hope never...I hope he always likes to come to Grammy and Poppy's...give me a hug and just hang with us...I know to a degree he will out grow us but I also know we could be a safe place for him...that is what I want for him and all of them....now mind you all the boys will give me hugs...and I love them all!!! He is just the oldest so I fear his hugs may stop sooner!!!!! NOOOOO!!!! He is very sensitive just as our Caleb is...they both have deep questions about Jesus...as they grow and attempt to make sense out of this crazy thing we call life...they all (6 of them) love to giggle...and even snuggle...some easier than other but they will all take a time of snuggles with the Grams! I have loved watching Landon bloom in his new school this year...he has a lot more smiles this year than last...I know when the Ball family moved to Florida it was so very hard on Ayden...because he left everything he knew...and the move back was just as hard on Landon b/c he moved back here and left everything he knew there!!!! He is becoming quite the little man this year...and Cams...our kindergarten Rooster...reading already...funny...I'm sure he will be voted class clown more than once in his lifetime!!!! Rylee and Caleb also are loving kindergarten...the ladies are chasing him and she is proud that at this point she hasn't clipped down ONE TIME!!!! She reminds me of her momma the way she will be so quiet in the background...just patiently waiting for you to say hi or hug her...then she bounces along her merry way!!!! Never feeling ignored...she is just quiet...and then there will be that every ONCE IN  A WHILE when she will talk your leg off...sweet girl...oh and our Laney Kate...mess baby girl!!! She is our miss priss and all that comes with it...she knows how to carry a purse and smack you with it all at the same time...Grammy has enjoyed her this year...

and my girls...my friends...I love them so much...I'm so proud of the paths they are all walking on...I'm so very thankful I can call them my friends...and I'm thankful I can say my sweet daughter in law is one too! They are all amazing women of the Lord...a dream come truein all of them...2 of them are amazing mommies...something they did not learn from me...again thankful for grace...they understand their rolls (all 4 of them) so much better than I did at that age...and they all 4 grasp the fact that each step they place their foot on is a mission field...I look forward in the years to come to see 2 more of them become mamma's and and I have no doubt they will be amazing as well...

And for my Son in laws...so very thankful that they will come hang out with us...I think we, overall, enjoy each other! We are not a perfect family...and at times we have a small bit of tension...but each one of us would be there for the other one...if and when needed...God I am overwhelmed by these people I get to call mine...thank YOU...thank you to the parents of the ones who have joined us by choice...thank YOU for trusting ME to be their mom...their Grammy...for 2nd chances...God you are GOOD!!!



No comments: