Monday, January 26, 2015

I'm a process...

I'm not really sure how to even start today...God has been moving in my life...slowly I'm learning a few things HE is pouring into me...this process we call life...is so scary at times and yet so amazing!!!

God is opening my eyes to new and fresh things on a daily basis...that is daily...when I am willing to take time to listen to Him...He has brought His Word alive and fresh to me...showing small things that I've read many, many times and yet over looked...just pain never saw before...love it!!! It truly is alive!!!

There are so many things in my life that distract me from the Lord...He is beginning to show me all the things and or people that I have allowed to take His place in my life that is reserved only for Him...If only I, we will learn that if we love the Lord the way He calls us to...we are able to love the others in our life so much better...so much more complete!!!

Here are just a few of the lessons He has taught me in the past 3 weeks...

The movie "Facing the Giants"...the death crawl scene...when coach Taylor is down on his knees with Brock...screaming in his ear....I know it's hard...don't you give up...your VERY best...give me your VERY best...God has shown me before that He is like that with me...every step that I think is too hard...He is with me...every single one...telling me to not give up...don't your quit...your VERY best...but this time I realized a new concept...He is telling me...I KNOW IT'S HARD...I KNOW IT HURTS...GIVE ME YOUR VERY BEST...HOWEVER, He is NOT saying...I knew you'd quit...I knew you'd fail...I KNEW YOU COULDN'T DO IT...MY FATHER DOES NOT DEGRADE!!!! He encourages me and takes every step to victory with me...so on those days that are extra hard...how can I possibly think I will fail..."IF GOD IS FOR US, WHO (OR WHAT) CAN BE AGAINST US" Romans 8:31

I have also started to go thru the "Made to Crave" study again by Lysa Terkeurst...at this point...this is what I've learned to stare strait at and confess...this sin..."I had to get honest enough to admit it: I relied on food more than I relied on God. I craved food more than I craved God. Food was my comfort. Food was my reward. Food was my joy. Food was what I turned to in times of stress, sadness and even in times of happiness"...wow...still letting all this soak in...LORD GIVE ME THE STRENGTH TO BREAK FREE!!! "IF GOD IS FOR US, WHO (OR WHAT) CAN BE AGAINST US" Romans 8:31

A song that God is using in my life right now during this time is this one:
Keep Making me by Sidewalk Prophets...

Make me broken
So I can be healed
'Cause I'm so calloused
And now I can't feel
I want to run to You
With heart wide open
Make me broken

Make me empty
So I can be filled
'Cause I'm still holding
Onto my will
And I'm completed
When you are with me
Make me empty

[Chorus:]
'Til You are my one desire
'Til You are my one true love
'Til You are my breath, my everything
Lord, please keep making me

Make me lonely
So I can be Yours
'Til I want no one
More than You, Lord

'Cause in the darkness
I know You will hold me
Make me lonely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI1obeb3A9c

Another lesson...(I know...He has ALOT to say...when I will listen!!!!)

Much like Jonah...I've been saying...Lord I'll doing anything...except this ONE thing...it is just to hard...I can't do it...(He is in my hear...I KNOW it's hard...KEEP going...your VERY best!!!)
I have realized that my sin is over taking me like seaweed around my head!!!! Jonah 2:5...I also realized that I...me...Lori...am choosing to give up...in Jonah 2:8 it says...those who cling to worthless idols forfeit God's love for them...if you go on to read verse 9 it says...BUT I with SHOUTS of GRATEFUL praise will SACRIFICE to you!!! Luke 9:23...to be HIS follower I MUST...deny myself...take up my cross  DAILY and follow HIM...so the choice once again comes down to me...surrender my will to HIS or not...even on those days that it is so very stinkin hard!!!!...let me close with this scripture 2 Corinthians 12:9..."My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness"...

Lord keep teaching me...
Another song that speaks to my heart...Cannons by Phil Wickham...I'm so unworthy but still you love me...forever my heart will sing of our great you are...learning to love You first...

No comments: