Monday, September 5, 2016

Kate

Today my baby turns another year older...I honestly cannot tell you how fast the time flies...I remember when all 4 of the kids were small...those days that were hard, or so so busy...people telling the time would go by faster that I could possibly realize...I thought they were crazy at the time but oh my word...it does go by quickly!

Kate, I'm so thankful for you in my life. I was so sure after Michael I would never have another child but then God opened our hearts to the thought of just one more...each of your siblings made our family more and more of what God wanted us to become...each with their distinct personalities...a new dynamic would become part of who our portion of the Griffith clan would become...and you had the job of being God's gift of completing us! I can go back to each of my births as if they were yesterday...the emotions I felt with each one of you! Your day was different for me in many ways...one being induced...but two, coming to terms with the fact that for sure you would be the last one! You dad left the hospital to go bring the other kids back to see you and we had a good time of just you and me...after the other 3 I was beginning to realize how I needed to take those times and appreciate them...

You bring such joy to our lives...you are your dad made over...I love that...you have his joy for laughter...peacemaker...and passions...

I was reading a blog this morning before I began to type and it was captured my thoughts today because it was written by a woman who has struggled to become the mom God would have her be and not the mom she thought she needed to be...

So this is for all 4 of you...

I cared too much what people thought of me.
It affected my rules, my words, and my actions.

Everyone of you deserved a mom whose identity was grounded and anchored in Christ, and not in her role as a wife and mom or walking around in a rage.  You deserved a mom who knew the God of the Bible and trusted that He was indeed a good, good Father. You deserved a mom who desired to connect to you hearts before correcting you behaviors.

But God.
And Grace.

You didn’t get what I thought you deserved,
but instead you got messy imperfect me.

You got to witness what it looks like to be broken.
You got to watch what it looks like to walk the path of healing.
You got to see God put the pieces of my shattered heart back together.

No, not one of you got what you deserved, but God kept His word and worked all things together for good.

my children never needed broken, messy me.
my children needed put together me.
But you each needed me (and continue to need me) to willing to empty myself of me so that Jesus can shine. 

Those are her words and not mine but that is my heart...I'm thankful for God's grace and forgiveness but so dearly thankful for the grace and forgiveness of my 4 amazing heros in my life...You are hero's because each one of you came out of my mess...standing in Christ...

Katie...you have always been a shining light for Christ...there is nothing in this life that makes this momma's heart more thankful and more inspired than that!

I love you so much...I tease you about still calling dad...daddy...but I'm sure thankful to be your momma!!!

Have a blessed and amazing day today!

love,
momma

No comments: