Saturday, January 6, 2018

Fixing our eyes...

I've had words in my heart for sometime now but they haven't come to the surface enough for me to share them. I've been treading water for such a long time...tired and weary...sometimes faking it until I can make it again...in my walk with the Lord....the problem is that I've never been good at being a fake Christian...

Sunday our pastor preached out of Hebrews 12...so many things God spoke to me about Sunday morning...it's a race...not a dash...it's grueling at times...painful at times...and at times you want to sit and stop...you know...like I've done the past...however long it's been...but I can't...it's a marathon...today's world says if it's hard or hurts then don't do it...but that doesn't really work...life is hard at times...and at times it brings the greatest joy a heart can feel...but other times it's so painful you want to just give up. But the race...it takes me throwing off everything that slows me down...and most of that would be my own self centeredness...

But then next thing...the simple thing..the thing I KNOW...but forget...Hebrews 12:2 "Fixing our (my) eyes on Jesus...that means I have to choose to do that...to lift my head up...turn to Him...and on those days that are so heavy and weary...don't just hang my head in self pity and sorrow...when I have no strength left...cry out to Him and HE will left my head so that I can turn my eyes and fix them on Him.

We took my granddaughter to get her ears pierced the other day. This has been a LONG time coming. Unfortunately that day there was only one person so we did the first ear and she did GREAT...but then time for ear #2...and she freaked out!!!!! I can't she said, no no no no no no it hurts to bad...but finally her momma held her tight on her lap...Laney squeezed my hands and we got it done. Reminds me of, well me when my christian walk gets hard...at first I'm brave and I can do it all...but then pain happens and I get scared and I can't do more...no, no, no, no...or I'm weary...or I think someone else should do this...but just like Laney...when I rest in Him embrace...all things thru Christ...

I have 2 little grand-babies and I can even see this simple truth in lessons they are teaching me...they are 7 and 8 months old now...one is saying momma and the other dada...their little faces light up when they say the words...oh, to fix my eyes on my heavenly abba!!!! The younger one is still using her walker most of the times now and she sees her momma at the end of the day and she runs those little legs as fast as she can into her moms arms...and the older one is belly growling now and she does they same on her belly when her daddy comes in....no matter what their days are like...they are ready when those mommy's and daddy's come in...

That race...and fixing my eyes on Jesus...running into His arms...makes a heart happy...gives a heart hope...no matter my day...

This is my husband favorite song these days...I think it fits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94KbIGWdKa4



No comments: