Saturday, September 5, 2020

as you are called these days...happy birthday Miss...

Somehow...in this momma's eye's today marks a big milestone in our family...all my kiddos are out of their 20's...how is that possible...just yesterday Scott, the kids and I were in our old white 5 speed mini van going to eat lunch at kentucky fried chicken...sharing one refillable drink!!! And then I work up today and none of them are here...I've got one of the next generation with me today...lookin pretty darn handsome too I might add!!!

Yep the baby is 30 today!!! They all have so much of their dad in them...and she is no exception! All day yesterday I kept remembering the day before you were born, Katie...I was so scared...there were many things I made my mind up that day...I would NOT say ONE unkind word to you dad during labor (succeeded), I would cherish you being a baby...like I did with Michael...I was so crazy busy with Cas and Sis being so close in age I forgot to cherish them...We were so excited to see what you would be!!!

The day you were born...seemed like the induction wasn't going to work...dad was hungry so I sent him to eat...I don't believe he ever got a bite in before he was paged back to the room and you came!!!

I think I can say that all 5 of us were so thankful for you...Michael sang to you all the time...Cassie mothered you and Heather was just plain crazy about you!!! 

I feel like I can say even today that is all true about all 5 of us...all though I'm not real sure Michael will sing to you anymore...maybe mashme birthday to you...!

Thank you for completeing us...for growing into the wife and momma you are! The follower you are...the paryer warrior you are and the encourager you are...the teacher, who sees the potential in a student and spurs them on to reach that potential...for being dad's punkaroo and for being my friend...I love you so much and I'm thankful God let me be your momma...have a blessed day sweet girl and we will celebrate with coconut cake on Monday!!!!

No comments: