Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Scott and Michael

In just a few hours it will be their birthday! I love both of these guys so much! God has blessed me with a fantastic husband. He loves me and I can have confidence in this...a gift that is not always true in life...He has worked so hard over the years for our family. He loves his kids and grandkids like nothing that can be explained. I have had the honor to walk beside this man now for 29 years (that counts our dating year). I have watched him go really from boy to man, handling lifes challenges one at a time as they came our way! He has fallen in love with the Savior over the years...with a passion that he refuses to let die! Thank YOU Lord for that. He has allowed the Lord to stretch and grow him until it hurt and there were many times it was a painful process...but he made it thru...a man and his God...and I get to be a part of that...

24 years ago...Scott would tell you he got the best birthday present ever...our son...now that is not to say he loved him more...just to say that a child...our child was born on his birthday...truth be known it's a good thing he liked it because he hasn't gotten much since due to the fact that we've had bicycles and dirt bikes to purchase on this date! I think most people would agree Scott is a good son, brother, grandson, uncle, father, poppy, husband and friend...but I know he loves all those titles...each one carries so much for him in his heart but the ONE thing he desires to do and do well...be a Christ follower...and he does...I love you more than I could ever but into words!

And then there is my son...not a boy any longer but a man...with opinions of his own and bold to share them! Most of the time that is a good trait in him...He knows what be believes and stands firm in it...even if it is offensive...I wish I would be more that way! He has had much to deal with in life...dad being gone alot as he grew up... in a house full of girls...but he has turned out pretty darn good if you ask this momma! I can depend on him when Scott is gone...he likes to torment me alot but when the chips are down he takes care of his mom...I had a lady tell me once, if you want to know how a man will treat his wife...watch how he treats his mom...Michael will be a great husband...I look forward to see just what God has in store for him in the future...he graduates college in December and so the future is wide open for this young man...things I love about Michael....well...I love to watch him play with his nephews and his neice...I love to hear him and Katie laughing and teasing each other, I love the way he loves Cassie, I love the way he stood with broad shoulders for Heather when she needed him, I love the way he looks at maw maw, I love when he makes me stuff in his shop...he takes such joy in surprising me..and others, I love the way he saves and waits (not always patiently but waits just the same) for things he likes but most of all I love to watch him worship the Lord...to follow as he leads us to the throne to worship our King...to my boy...Happy Birthday...I love you...mom

No comments: