Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer begins 2010...

Well, it's been a while since I've posted and we are in full swing of summer and all that goes with that around the Griffith house! Katie and I are both babysitting this summer...so let's just say some days are CRAZY!!!! But, to know that God has give us the privilege of being part of their lives is cool (most days).

I will be leaving for Jacksonville on June the 24th to once again join our oldest girl and her family for a special birthday...Camden Isaiah will be 1 on the 26th! This time we will be traveling with great grandma's, an aunt and a few cousins! I can't believe they have been gone one year...and the things I've seen God do in their lives and ours during this year are...priceless...there is no other way to describe it!

Revival was an amazing time at the church a few months ago...but since then I've feel like I've been swimming out to sea (sorry to much finding nemo at our house!). But for real that is my way to describe the place I've been in...to be honest am in...but over the years as I've walked with the Lord...I've learned many things...many truths that loving people and a very loving God have poured into me...so during this time...I'm choosing to hang onto truths that I KNOW and not walk in the way that I feel...the TRUTH is if I'll seek the Lord, If I cry out to Him...He will hear me...so though I feel alone...like He is not here I cry out to Him, I will be in His word, I will talk with Him through prayer...and do you know...the most amazing thing...He IS answering me...He hears my cries...I bought a bible study book several months back...for this summer...I got it because I thought I'd might do one alone this summer, it was by an author I knew...Nancy Leigh DeMoss and mostly because it was on the clearance for $6.00 so I could afford it...the name..."Seeking Him"...God knew all those months back that I would need the words and scriptures of this study today! He loves us so much and He can see the big picture...He knows us better than we know ourselves!

So if I could encourage you in anyway...I'd say to you...don't trust your feelings...they WILL lie...they will sell you short...trust the TRUTH of God...He loves you...He desires to be our everything...He truly is all we need...one of my prayers this past two weeks has been for me to return to my first love...but then God revealed to me...have I ever allowed HIM to BE my first love...so do I pray to return to it...or experience it for the first time in my life...Lord, give me a passion for YOU that cannot be quenched!

If you know me at all...you know that I am a terrible worrier. My pastor was teasing me the other day and he said I worry about what to worry about...and boy has God used that simple statement...truly said in fun to open my eyes to the fact that I have got to start trusting Him...but today...this is what the Lord said to me ...worry and anxiety are expressions of pride...Lori in your life...and God cannot use prideful people...ouch! That one hurt...I know worry is a sin but I didn't think of it as pride...what is pride? Setting self over God or His power...so duh...worry...is setting everything up as if God is not in control...He has me engraved in the palm of His hand, He covers me like a momma hen covers her chicks with her wings...under the shelter of His wing...with that HOPE what do I need to worry about or fear!

As you can see...still learning many life lessons...but I wouldn't have it any other way...this is what reminds me of my desperate need for the Lord in my life! I pray He will still teach me things at 90!

What is God teaching you now...I'd love to know

No comments: