Friday, May 25, 2012

Florida with the Ball family...

Scott and I made it to Florida BEFORE Miss Laney Kate's arrival! (Whew) and we are enjoying being with Jesse, Cassie and the kiddos! Poppy and I have gotten to spend some quality time with the boys while momma and daddy were at the hospital with the baby and believe me...when you live so far away, you learn to appreciate all the time you get with them! They have grown so much and they change so fast...even when it has only been a couple of months in between visits there is such changes!

Ayden graduated kindergarten this week so we got to see his graduation, pizza party and his end of the year program and awards ceremony. He has learned to read this year and he has always been able to tell quite a story, but now he can write them as well! I can't tell you how many times a day he will be in the middle of something and just randomly come up....hug me and say...I love you Grammy....let me just say...words a Grammy loves to hear...he can be a little wild man but he has such a tender heart...much like his uncle Michael...I know God will do great things with a tender heart...and the wildness...in his future....I believe will be a passion that God to will use!

Landon seems like to me, has changed the most lately...he has a very sweet disposition and he will just look at you and giggle and wiggle from head to toe! He has been going to speech for about 3 or 4 weeks now and he loves to work on his "homework"...so he thinks he is such a big boy now...and he is...he is growing and very excited to start pre-K in the fall...not sure his momma is ready for yet another one to leave the nest but he thinks he is! (although he still doesn't like to get up early so we will see how that works out for him this fall!). I must say...he always has and he always will be able to look up at Grammy and he just melts my heart!

Then there's Mr. Camden who has a personality the size of Texas. He is so stinkin funny...he will push you to the very limit and then some but I wouldn't trade him for anything! He, thanks to poppy, now calls me consistently...CRAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZY Grammy...then he just laughs...that's what we call you, he will say....I just have to say....and I wonder why??????????? I think he may be the one of Cassie's that likes to snuggle the most...as long as it is his idea! I can't say enough that when I left Florida 3 years ago with him only being 1 week old...I was so afraid he'd never know me...but he does and he looks forward to Grammy and Poppy just like the others do as well...one time in all the time the kids have lived here was it had...and that was a time a few years ago, they came to MO for a mission trip and when they arrived we were waiting for them to get off the bus...and went straight to Camden and he didn't know us and he didn't want us for a little bit...but he warmed right up...and ironically that was the visit that we crossed the time "thresehold" and he remembered us always after that!

Oh, yes and there is ONE more now...Miss Laney Kate joined us on May 21st...and she is beautiful. She is a sweet baby and we are enjoying her...spoiling her and lovin on her...as I'm writing this, her and her momma just got up and she slept all night long last night...she has been a busy baby since her birth b/c she too attended her big brothers graduation and end of the year program and she has had lots of drs. appointments so far with a few next week too! Cassie just sits and stares at her...I know part of it is b/c she is a she, and part of it is b/c she is the last (we think!) and just b/c she is a good momma and it is her sweet baby...the boys love her...very much and at times are all up in her business a little to much but it is b/c they are crazy about her...she cuddles right down with her daddy and her poppy...but she has cuddled down for me some too!

It has been a great visit so far and I look forward to 4 more weeks with them! I know I talk about them moving and being so far from us a lot but this morning I'm overwhelmed with the Lord's goodness and as hard as this has been...it has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life...to finally see the visual picture that the Lord has tried to teach me over and over...to release my hand and trust my children to Him...the One who created them...the One who loves them....the One they belong too...have a blessed day...

No comments: