Saturday, March 11, 2023

Don't let this one be the last one!!!

 Heather...don't claim this bday the last one...there are so many more memories that come with the coming years as well...accept them as the gift that each one will be!!!

This year has been a difficult year for you and your family and I've watched God stretch you in so many ways...I've watched you continue on in your walk with Him even though it looks very different that you thought it would look...It is new...fresh...sometimes scary...but you still follow...I'm so thankful you didn't choose to just quit...He has new mercies every single day...thank goodness for His goodness, grace and mercy!!!

I've watched you pour difficult truths into the kids this year...help them walk through hard times and hard changes but pushing them to hang on tight...never giving up on the Lord...teaching them we living in a flawed world but serve a perfect Savior...such an amazing lesson to witness you teach them...

I've watched you fall more and more in love with your new position...seeing the potential in all your kiddos that God brings into you serve time...caring enough to push for their very best...

I think so often of the movie, Facing the Giants...when the coach has the kid do the death crawl...the kid promises to give all he has...his very best until he can't give anymore...with another kid on his back...the coach blindfolds him so that he doesn't see how far he has come and gives up to quick...the kid takes off...strong...it gets harder and harder...til he is beginning to wonder if he can keep it up...the coach gets down on his hands and knees...screaming at the kid...YOUR VERY BEST...GIVE ME YOUR VERY BEST...I KNOW IT'S HARD BUT DON'T QUIT...finally the kid says I can't do it anymore...I have to be 1/2 across the field...the coach takes his blindfold off and tells him...you are in the end zone...he had crawled the entire way...with another kid on his back the entire length of the field...that is what you, as a mom does...or as a teacher does...or as a leader does...and when it was hard this year...you didn't quit...and look up and see where He has you now...it's a different season...but it is good!

Never give up...I'm so thankful for you and to you...I love you...I can't wait to get away in a couple of weeks...so looking forward to it!!! I pray your day is so very special!!!!

Love you~

Mom

No comments: