Monday, June 26, 2023

Let go...

 I love worshipping to music! I love to raise my hand...but as we were worshipping yesterday in church...I was reminded of a mental picture God gave to me...I have a very difficult time of just letting it all go...raising BOTH hands and giving ALL to the Lord...

I found myself wondering what am I hanging onto...I can tell you that in many areas of my life I struggle with just letting go...releasing...open palming it...it's like if I let go...I'll be out of control...which is something the Lord reminded me...yes I need to let it all go...be out of control and let Him be in control...

What if...I could live like this...

 “I have one desire now – to live a life of reckless abandon for the Lord, putting all my energy and strength into it.”  ~Elisabeth Elliot

I was studying this thought today and came across this...I'm always looking inward, examining my heart...trying my best to critique it...but what if...just maybe...the only place I truly need to be looking is up...to HIM seeking HIM and allowing HIM to do the changing...molding...critiquing me...by His Spirit and nothing of myself...

this is another definition of reckless abandonment...

Oswald Chambers defines it as “totally unrestrained and willing to risk everything.

To come after Christ...in Luke 9 the word tells me I must deny myself...and embrace the cross...

16 “Today the Lord your God has commanded you to obey all these decrees and regulations. So be careful to obey them wholeheartedly. 17 You have declared today that the Lord is your God. And you have promised to walk in his ways, and to obey his decrees, commands, and regulations, and to do everything he tells you.

Reckless abandoned...WHOLEHEARTEDLY...God is speaking...so I believe my only response can be that of Samuels in 1 Samuel 3:10...SPEAK LORD YOUR SERVANT IS LISTENING...

I would say I wish I will begin to pry my fingers open and surrender to the Lord...but I find myself praying that I will stop the struggle...relax and just let go...close my eyes...raise BOTH hands and worship Him in every area of my life in reckless abandonment!

One last quote from Oswald Chambers...

You do not know when His voice will come to you, but whenever the realization of God comes, even in the faintest way imaginable, be determined to recklessly abandon yourself, surrendering everything to Him.

No comments: