Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 4, 2012 a new beginning

I believe my blog may be my diary now as I start out on a new adventure. In part because I hope to be an encouragment but more than that it will be another way to hold myself accountable...knowing that my friends and family are reading this.

I shared last year in my blog that I had a struggle that God had be dealing with me about for a long time and that when I found victory thru Him I'd share that struggle with you. It has been almost an entire year and no victory. I didn't want to share the struggle because of many reasons, fear, pride, ridicule and a feeling of worthlessness due to my failure. I have failed and for me (not everyone...me...because the Lord has convicted me) it is because of lack of obedience and self control. I think self control has always been an issue with me...I mean really...isn't that the root of my anger issue even? So here I am again...only this time it is different because I will be vulnerable and open up about the struggle....I eat to much...I'm over weight...and if and when the Lord calls me to do something for Him...I can't because I'm unhealthy...so we (the Lord and I) begin...again...

I decided a month ago I would join weight watchers in January. Yesterday, I was so nervous all day...by the time I got in the car to leave I truly thought I might get sick...(those of you who know me best will understand my mentality on this!). Anyway, I went to my first meeting and I'm so encouraged. This program will teach me how to eat more healthy. I believe this is something the Lord has directed me in...as a matter of a fact I'd like to share one thing HE told me yesterday....I was getting ready for the meeting and saying to myself I'm so scared...(why you ask...of failing again...this time in front of many people)...and this very scripture is on my bathroom wall...and yet I could almost hear HIS voice speaking it PERSONALLY over me....Do not fear, Lori, I am with you; do not be dismayed (or to me yesterday discouraged), for I am YOUR God. I will STRENGTHEN and HELP you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand...Isaiah 41:10. He is so good to me! To us...don't you think!!!!

So today is day one and I've had breakfast...and believe it or not it was so much food I didn't quite get it all down. I will post updates quite often...so you can hold me accountable!

let the adventure begin...

2 comments:

Heather Kay said...

Woo Hoo! Excited!!!

Darlene G. said...

I did weight watchers once. It is a good program. You can do it..my failure is always gaining it back! Praying for you!!!