Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Joy comes in the Morning...

Scott went home on Saturday...it was a hard goodbye...as always...we NEVER say goodbye to our Florida family that I don't think of my brother Steve and his sweet wife Patti who live on the other side of the world...and the goodbyes that they have to say...

The boys are still asking for Poppy but they are trying to understand that he had to go back to MO so he could work..

I've struggled a great deal since I've been here with my WW...and a few weeks ago, while still home, I had a weight gain and my leader said that night to us all...if we are honest we know why we have gained...and if I have to be honest I know why I've struggled...I'm choosing to not walk with discipline...I was praying yesterday and the Lord brought to my mind...yet again...Lori when it gets hard...I will be your strength...but YOU Lori must trust that strength...and YOU Lori must walk in the discipline of that strength...

So as I met with the Lord this morning...I was amazed once again at His goodness and His mercies...they are new every morning...

I have the honor of doing a Bible Study while I'm here...I'm still not sure if I'll join the group just yet or if I'll just do it alone but I am so looking forward to getting back to a study...I'm loving my morning time reading but I need the study as well...

I'm so enjoying the kids while I'm here...they are so full of energy..let me say that again...SO FULL OF ENERGY but they are amazing to this ole Grammy...and little Laney Kate is growing like a weed...yesterday she was 2 weeks old and she has surpassed her birth weight...she is now 9 lbs 1/2 oz and has grown 1 1/4 inches already!!! She is a good baby and for the most part very content....she is patient with her brothers because they will not walk thru the room without a hug, kiss or as Camden says I have to pet her...and she tolerates it very well...

I will be here another 3 1/2 weeks and I want to soak up as much as I can with them and be thankful for the time the Lord has allowed...I'm thankful for the lessons we've ALL learned since this whole Florida adventure started...what exactly are some of those lessons...well for me...

I've learned the Lord loves my kids way, way more than I every could
I've learned the Lord does NOT need my input on their lives...
I've learned to appreciate ALL of my family more
I've learned I can STILL be a grammy from miles away
I've learned there  are good people everywhere
I've learned that one person...like Mark Lay...(and others too!) is the reason God moves us...
and most of all I've learned to trust my Lord more and more everyday...to peel my fingers...one by one...off of things that I cannot change, fix, manipulate, cling to or selfishly keep for myself...

I can close my eyes and still see the moment Mark walked the aisle and there will always Mark's in our futures...are we ready???

So I walk up this morning to joy...joy in the morning...have a blessed joy-filled day my sweet friends!

No comments: