Saturday, June 9, 2012

Walking in Jacksonville and other lessons I'm learning

Well JD, my pastor should enjoy the HECK out of this post...I just want to share a few things I'm learning or atleast being reminded of...

1. I miss my husband when we are apart...makes me appreciate him so much more...and while I don't like time apart I think it is good for us to remember and appreciate each other just a little more than...well than I do...he is way better at that on a full time bases than I am...

2. We went to the Building 429 concert last night and had a blast with some sweet friends and was very entertained by the sweet moves of Ayden Parker Ball and Mr. Parker Rammage...but the sweetest thing about last night was watching a lady mentally challenged worshiping the Lord...She was in her wheelchair and she was praising the name of Jesus...they also spoke about sponsoring children in a 3rd world country so they might have food, shelter, an education and an opportunity to hear the Gospel...she also raised her hand for that as well...about a year and 1/2 ago...at a concert, they also started sharing about sponsorship...for the first time EVER I noticed how we as the crowd in general stop listening...it is apparent we stop...we talk, we move we are just plain rude...needless to say our youth group has sponsored a child for...that's right 1 1/2 years now...anyway...I thought last night...we all have so much...from our health to our free education to starbuck money...and the lady in the wheel chair...heard...and responded...such a sweet picture of love...

3. I love my grandsons but they make me tired because...yes...that's right lesson number 3...I'm getting OLD...

4. in the midst of the crazy life down here...the Lord is giving me quiet times and He is giving me words to right...as I work on some devotions for our teens back home...

5. and the last one...this is for you J.D Arnold...our pastor is...well let me just say it as kindly as I can...he is a city boy...and he is a little...again...how do I say this...scared of things in the country...not all things mind you but cows with rudders...field mice who like to live in his house...you know country life things...and he is teased beyond words about this...my husband and son being 2 of the biggest pests...and while he may not "like" everything about country life he takes it well...you know I think he can survive b/c he can do ALL things thru Christ who gives him strength! Well I tell you that b/c the Lord taught me a lesson today also about my fears of "city life". I was walking again today...and this WILL be the LAST Saturday I walk while in Jacksonville...every large dog in the city was walking today and I didn't like that...then I past a guy on the bench at a bus stop...and I thought...I can't believe I'm confessing this...I thought he was dead...and so I...walked a little way away and I called...you guessed it...I called 911...I was to afraid to touch him...but I SWEAR his eyes were rolled back in his head and I thought he looked...stiff...so I called...needless to say...he finally moved before they dispatched anyone to come to the crazy country lady in the middle of the city...as I passed him I got such a cold chill literally from the top of my head to the tips of my toes...so I didn't call until I was far away so I know he didn't hear the call...then after a LOOOOOONNNNG time and I calmed down a bit...(you know I tend to over react)...I almost got tickled because I thought there is NO difference between me being afraid of a guy sleeping at the bus stop than there is of JD being afraid of the cows...we are just outside our elements...

6. and finally...It's just simply a different way of life here!!!

No comments: