Saturday, June 23, 2012

Scott

Not only is today Michael's birthday but it is Scotts as well. He is 50 years old today...and he is ALMOST as big a kid as he ever was! Can I just say this year doesn't look like I planned it to 20 years ago....we had him a surprise 30th birthday party and during that time we made a time capsule and said we would open it when he turned 50...the kids all wrote letters to him in it to say what they wanted to be when they grew up...and now here we are 20 years down the road...and you know...our kids have their own lives...CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT! The nerve!

Back then I had 4 under the age of 9 and I couldn't imagine days without them under our feet! But the day has come way to fast and they are all so busy...but you know...it's good...it's all good..they each one love the Lord...they are serving Him in many different ways...They have witnessed a consent steady of a man after the Lords heart in their daddy...he has always been just who he is...take him or leave him...he just loves Jesus...and he loves his family.

I dreamed about him last night...Cassie and I were driving (this is the dream by the way) and went past a parking lot where we were to meet Scott and we drove up...he didn't see us and he was singing "you're all I want...you're all I need...you're everything...you're everything...." and the tears were just streaming down his face...then he looked up and saw us...he just got up and started to the car...I turned to Cassie and said that is so your daddy...he just loves Jesus so much doesn't he...then I woke up...but you know...that is just Scott...he does love the Lord so much...

It has taken us, me a long time to understand that the closer he gets to the Lord the more he can love me and in the last year he has gone above and beyond to make me feel loved and cherished! We were so very young when we got married...too young I think...and we've both changed so much...Scott has matured (some anyways) and learned to not just ask Jesus in your heart but how to live daily with Him in your heart...to have a very personal relationship with the Lord...he has always loved us...his family I mean but he loves us different now...I can't put that into words but it is different...it feels...like a fresh walk by the riverbed...

I love him so much and we have been apart now for almost a month...I look forward to seeing him...I pray his day is blessed...

I love you...Beth

No comments: