Saturday, June 23, 2012

Michael Scott

Today my son is 26. He has grown from the baby boy I dreamed of into a man I'm so proud of! I've only been gone from him 2 birthdays his entire life and for that I'm thankful...I know many are gone from their loved ones every birthday.

We have witnessed HUGE chances in Michaels life this year! God continues to stretch him and grow him as he leads out in worship each Sunday morning. When he starts to share his heart I see so much of his daddy in him...makes me so happy because if he can love Jesus like his daddy loves Jesus he will be a mighty man of God!

He has excelled at his job this year...he has learned that it is a good thing to LIKE what you do even if you don't Make what you want to! He has shared many lessons with us the Lord has and is teaching him...

He lost someone so very special this year...she was his special somebody that is for sure! Since he was a little bitty baby until the end she loved him so much and he did her too...if you don't know her..she was Maw maw...she prayed everyday after she found out I was expecting that it would be a boy...and she had such a special place in her heart for just him...he paid respect to her at her funeral by singing for her...he had a very hard time...but at the end of the day he came to me and said...you know mom I know she is OK...and we will see her again...that is the legacy she left behind and I pray that will live on thur him and his future family too!

He also found someone this year and I have NEVER EVER seen him the way I see him now...he has it BAD and I LOVE it...I pray this next year is full of greatness and joy and happiness for him and for her! I pray that God will be the center of their everything and I pray he will continue to seek the Lord in all his decisions!

Some know our story and some don't...but I must say I've had such a hard time forgiving myself of my past with the kids...and I have worked hard to find forgiveness for myself and in their eyes...and for the first time...(not saying this is how MICHAEL felt...this is how I felt), for the first time I feel I can walk in forgiveness in his eyes this year...our relationship is...stronger...better...and I'm thankful to be him momma!

I love you Michael...
mom

No comments: