Saturday, June 22, 2013

and woman and her God...

We are still having those "days" as we adjust to Willie being in heaven and not here with us. Today we said yet another goodbye to a sweet soul. Again, I watched in amazement as our community poured out love on a family mourning the loss of their wife, momma, nana, daughter, sister and best friend...

She was obviously loved by so many and her family is too! She shared something with Willie...and I heard it today again...she was a GOOD person...kind and generous, compassionate and motherly...GOOD to the very core of her being...but that is NOT what has given her family the comfort they have...she knew Jesus...in a very real and very personal way...and that my sweet friends is the hope she had and that her family will cling to in the coming days!

I would share her name but it doesn't matter...most of you reading this know who I'm speaking of and if not the Lord knows her by name...I watched in amazement as her brother shared the gospel today and I'm praying that lives who are lost were changed today...not because of her...but because of her LORD!

One of the most courageous (thank you Josh for that word!) things I've ever witnessed was her son singing today flawlessly...I've been amazed at that all day long...and while I was working this afternoon it hit me how he did it...Scott asked him today at the cemetery how he did it and he said I just tried not to think to much...but I think he was able to do it b/c he was worshiping the Lord! Have you ever experienced that...watching in awe as someone is obviously worshiping in spirit and in truth? That is what we witnessed today...a holy moment...from a son...honoring his momma...and FOR HIS LORD...

Someday when my times comes...I want people to walk away from my celebration service knowing they meet with the Lord...

May those of us left...carry on the work...

No comments: