Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Father's Day

Before I start this post...they will not all be in order...that being said...to the men in my life...

The first man in my life is my Dad...he worked hard to make a living for us...we have had our share of pain and heart ache but we have come so far! I think we have finally reached a place where we know we need each other and we are learning to know one another better! Dad, thanks for all you've done for me over the years...just so you know...I wouldn't change a thing! I love you Dad!

For Tucker...the next man in my life who has loved me like his own...kept me out of trouble with mom in the early years and loved my kids! You've allowed us all the honor of watching you transform into the man of God you are now...Thank you for loving us when I know we weren't always easy to love! I love you Pawpaw!

For Harold who has also loved me like his own...you too have set an example of a loving Godly man...life wouldn't be the same without you in it...I'm thankful for you more than I say and I want you to know how much you mean to me...I love you Harold!

For Michael...while he is yet to be a dad...he has been my little man in my life and as he has grown he has stepped up to his dads boots and takes care of this momma when she needs an extra shoulder to lean on...can't wait to see what kind of a dad he will be...amazing I'm sure!

For Willie...ugh...we miss you more than words can say...I look in Scotts eyes and see a reflection of who you were as a young man...as you taught your sons what it meant to work hard...love you family and love the Lord...I think tonight I may be most thankful for you because you and Linda raised the man I have now...you planted seeds that God has grown...and the world is a better place because of this man I call mine...that you raised! Tomorrow will be sad without you...looking at cards today was yucky because you should be getting one...but know this...we will be rejoicing as we worship the Lord in the morning...knowing that you have the honor and the privilege of being in the presence of the One True Father...what a Father's Day for YOU...we love you Pops!

and finally for my sweet loving husband...thank you for loving me when no one else would have...for walking beside my healing process...for holding my hand...for opening my car door...for not just being the father of our kids...but for being their daddy...for being my best friend...for loving me at my fattest...and encouraging me on this journey without belittling me...for loving Jesus like no one I've ever witnessed before...for allowing me the honor of watching this transformation the Lord continues to do in your life...for sharing Jesus even in the dark days of losing your own dad...for praying when the words were almost more than you could grown...for being you...I love you!

No comments: